Watch the following video and complete the exercises.
- Exercise 1
1. Five vehicles completed the first DARPA Grand Challenge. TRUE FALSE
2. During the first DARPA Grand Challenge the best vehicle traveled 7.5 miles. TRUE FALSE
3. In the first challenge 15 vehicle entered the competition, and in the second one 195. TRUE FALSE
4. Stanford Univeristy’s entry “Stanley” won the 1 million dollars prize. TRUE FALSE
5. The best team in the 2005 finished in time under 7 hours. TRUE FALSE
- Exercise 2
Answer the questions:
1. Desribe the camera system in Tesla.
2. How fast does the Supercharger charge a car?
3. Why Tesla’s Model S range is more than double than Nissan Leaf range?
4. What is Tesla autopilot capable of?
F T T F T
1. Eight surround cameras provide 360 degrees of visibility around the car at up to 250 meters of range. Twelve updated ultrasonic sensors complement this vision, allowing for detection of both hard and soft objects at nearly twice the distance of the prior system. A forward-facing radar with enhanced processing provides additional data about the world on a redundant wavelength that is able to see through heavy rain, fog, dust and even the car ahead.
2. A Supercharger takes about 20 minutes to charge to 50%, 40 minutes to charge to 80%, and 75 minutes to 100%
3. Drag coefficient, weight, motor efficiency and rolling resistance
4. Tesla can match speed to traffic conditions, keep within a lane, automatically change lanes without requiring driver input, transition from one freeway to another, exit the freeway and when your destination is near, self-park in a parking spot.